1. Who takes pole dance lessons? Women who are looking for a new way to exercise that is fun, exciting, and makes them feel good. Every woman has an inner goddess inside that is waiting to come out. Pole dancing is for those who are ready to release it. Please keep in mind that this is a physical activity, and you will be holding your own body weight for pole spins. It really depends on how you carry your own body weight. The poles are sturdy and hold up to 250 pounds. If you are not sure if you will be able to take the 4 Week Beginner Pole Dance Fundamentals session, you can take the Intro to Pole Dance class to try a class. You MUST be at least 19 years old to take classes.
2. What do you do at a pole dancing class? The Beginner Pole Fundamentals and Continuing Pole Fit classes will teach you 20-30 tricks, poses, moves and a routine as the class progresses. Pole tricks require a lot of upper body and leg strength so each class will start off with a warm up, stretch and pole strengthening exercises and will end with a stretch and cool down. The last class will be a fun class to review the moves and wear your stilettos.
3. How long is the class series? The 4 Week Beginner Pole Fundamentals Sessions meet once a week for 1 hr 15 minutes for 4 weeks. Once your complete the Fundamentals class, you can move on to Continuing Pole Fitness Classes which are 1hr 15 minutes. You can take the Continuing Pole Fit class anytime it's offered so you can take it 2 or more days a week. One day workshops are 1 hour classes. Intermediate Pole Fit classes are 1 hr 15 minutes and are offered every Thursday at 7-8:15pm. Advanced Pole Fit classes are 1 1/2 hr and are offered every Tuesday at 8:15-9:45pm.
4. If I have to miss a class, can I make it up? You are allowed ONE make up class per 4 Week Beginner Pole Fundamentals 4 week session. You can make up a class on another day and time that the class is offered. You can also attend a one day workshop class as a make up session such as Cardio Pole Dance, Just Pole Tricks, Sensual Chair Dance, Pole Conditioning, Floor and Core, or Ballet Pole Tango class on a day and time it is being offered. You have ONE month after the session ends to make up the class missed. It is your responsibility to schedule a make up session. No refunds will be granted for missed classes. You must attend the 4 week session within 3 months of purchase or your 4 week session will expire.
5. How much does a class cost? The 4 Week Beginner Pole Fundamentals, Continuing Pole Fit, and Intermediate Pole Fit classes are $125 for 4 classes. Class fees are non-refundable.
One Day classes are $25 if paid online or $35 at the door. One day classes must be used within 1 month of purchase or it will expire and are non- refundable.
Advanced Pole Fit classes are $40 per class or you can buy an Advanced Pole Fit Class Card. The Advanced Pole Fit Class Card is $150 for 4 classes. This is for Advanced students only. Permission is required to attend these classes. If buying one class, the class must be used within 1 month of the purchase price and are non-refundable. Class cards expire within one year of purchase and are non-refundable.
Aerial Fit classes are $25 if paid online or $35 at the door. Aerial Fit classes must be used within 1 month of purchase or it will expire and are non- refundable. You can also buy an Aerial Fit Class Card for 4 classes for $100. If buying one class, the class must be used within 1 month of purchase or it will expire and are non-refundable. Class cards expire withing one year of purchase and are non-refundable.
PiYo®, Zumba® and TRX® classes are $18 per class or you can buy a class card. If buying one class, the class must be used within 1 month of purchase or it will expire and are non-refundable. Class cards expire within one year of purchase and are non-refundable.
6. Do you accept credit cards? Debit and credit card payments may be made online at www.polevelocity.com/contact_us page. Payments are safe and secured through Paypal. You do not need a Paypal account to pay by debit or credit card. You can also pay by debit or credit by using the online scheduler link at the top of the main web page. If you have any questions about payments by credit card email email@example.com. Cash and check are also accepted.
7. How and when can I register? Registration is ongoing. The class size is limited to 3-4 ladies per class. This is so that more attention can be given to each individual. To ensure a spot you should register 1-2 weeks before the session starts. More classes may be added if needed.
For Aerial Fit the class is limited to 3 people so please sign up in advance at least a day in advance.
To register for classes go to the online scheduler located at the top of the home page at www.polevelocity.com. You will need to create a user name and login. You can sign up for the day and time you would like to attend class. You can also pay the class fee by cash or check on the first day of class as long as you send an email to reserve your spot in class. Registration will be completed on the first day of class when you arrive. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the class series.
Please note that if you make a log in and password through the online scheduler and not sign up for the class that you want to attend, you will not have a spot reserved in class. You must sign up and pay online or email email@example.com to reserve a spot in class.
8. What do I need to do to ensure a spot in a 4 week series class? You just need to send an email to sign up for a class. Please state the day and class time you would like to take. Make sure you include your email address and phone so that you can be contacted if any information is needed before the first day of class. You can pay the class fee by cash, check, or debit/credit card on the online scheduler. You can also sign up using the online scheduler link located at the top of the main web page.
9. What levels of classes are offered and how do I know which one to take? Currently, the Beginner Pole Dance Fundamentals and Continuing Pole Fit classes are being offered. These classes are for anyone that has had no experience or a limited background in pole dancing. The class is a progressive class and it is normal to take the beginner levels more than once. It is important to feel comfortable with the moves that you have learned, so you will be ready for more advanced moves and tricks. Everyone should work at their own level to ensure that they are not injured. It’s important to not get discouraged and do what is most comfortable for you.
You can stay in the Continuing Pole Fit class until you are ready to move on to the Intermediate Pole Fit class.
Advanced Pole Fit classes are offered for students that are capable of climbing, inverting from the air, caterpillars, butterflies, allegra, superman and working on handsprings and the most advanced moves. Permission must be received in order to take these classes.
10. When I am ready to move on to the next level and will there be more advanced classes offered? Progressive pole work will be taught at each individuals level. It is recommended to take the Beginner Pole Dance Fundamentals class first and then assess the level you should be at. Each level will build on previous classes so that you build the strength to move on to more advanced moves. Approval from the instructor will be needed to move on to the next level.
11. What will be taught in the Intermediate Pole Fit and Advanced Pole Fit classes? The Intermediate Pole Fit and Advanced Pole Fit classes will review the moves, tricks and poses you learned in the beginning levels and expand to inverted poses, static poses, and more advanced spins and combinations. The Intermediate Pole Fit class is offered every week on Wednesday's at 7-8:15pm and Saturday's at 12:15-1:30pm. The Advanced Pole Fit class is held every Tuesday at 8:15-9:45pm. You can come for one class or as many as you like. This class is a limited to 3-4 people, so that more personal instruction can be given to students and more time on the pole . The Intermediate Pole Fit classes are $25 for one class or $125 for a 4 week class card. Advanced Pole Fit classes are $40 for one class or $150 for a 4 week class card which can be used whenever you want. You can pay for the class card by debit/credit on the online scheduler or by cash or check.
12. Do you offer drop in classes or one time classes? No drop in students allowed. All participants must sing up at lease 24 hrs. in advance. One Day Intro to Pole Dance classes are offered every month for those ladies that would like to try a class to see what pole dancing is all about. Classes are usually held on Saturdays. Aerial Fit, One Day Intro Pole Dance, Cardio Pole Dance, Just Pole Tricks, Sensual Chair Dance, Pole Conditioning, Floor and Core, Stretch & Flexibility, and Freestyle Pole Dance classes will also be offered. Check the class schedule for days and times of class. Classes are $25 if you pay by debit/credit on the online scheduler or $35 at the door. Zumba® and TRX® , PiYo® classes are also offered, and are $18 per class. You can sign up by using the online scheduler link located at the top of the main web page. The online scheduler is the most up to date schedule and will list any class cancellations. You must use the one day class within 1 month from purchase date or it will expire and are non-refundable. If you sign up for a class and do not show up or cancel within less than 24 hours, you will lose your class credit and there are no refunds granted.
13. What is Aerial Fit? Aerial Fit uses the aerial hammock to enhance physical activity, flexibility, and strength and endurance. You will learn warm up, stretching, yoga poses, basic inversions and tricks, and strength conditioning. Aerial Fit increases blood flow, lengthens the spine, improves circulation, improves digestion, makes your skin look younger, releases stress, makes you feel more limber and taller. This is for all levels. No experience is necessary. You must RSVP by day of class. Class size is very limited. Check the schedule for times and days offered. Classes are 1 hour for $25/person if you sign up online or $35/person at the door. Class size is limited to 3 people.
14. Are there any restrictions for taking an Aerial Fit class? Please note that if you have a heart condition, high blood pressure, seizures, hypertension, are pregnant, or have any medical condition, you should consult your doctor before attending an Aerial Fit class. Please note: Do not drink a lot of coffee or beverages before class and do not eat a large meal right before class. All jewelry must be removed before class including rings, necklaces, bracelets, and watches. Please do not use lotion on hands before class.
***There is a weight limit of 210lbs for the aerial hammocks
15. Can men attend class? Classes are for ladies. However, after an interview and permission from the instructor, men may attend classes. It is at the instructors discretion to allow men in class. As long as the ladies are comfortable with having men in the class, men can attend. With permission from the instructor, men can take pole classes, aerial fit classes, or any one day classes offered.
16. What time should I arrive for class? You should try to arrive 15 minutes prior to the first class so that class can start on time. We have a lot to cover in class. If you come late for a class or private group lesson then the instructor will still end the class accordingly. Classes and private groups are held back to back so end time of lesson will be followed accordingly. Please allow enough time for traffic and for getting lost. Classes are held at my home studio which is in a residential area. Street parking is available. Please call if you need directions to Pole Velocity Dance and Fitness at (773) 965-1063.
17. What do I wear to class? You should wear what you are most comfortable with. Yoga pants and a T-shirt are fine. You should also bring a pair of comfortable shorts to class for some of the pole tricks. For Aerial Fit classes, you should were a t-shirt or long sleeve shirt and yoga pants or leggings that are not too baggy. I prefer to learn new moves barefoot or in socks. Bring water. This is a workout and you should be hydrated.
Please REMEMBER do not put on any OILS OR LOTIONS before class. Your body needs to be clean so that you can stick to the pole and not slide off. Please wash your hands before class with anti-bacteria soap with no moisturizers. Also, NO jewelry, watches or belts as these items may cause pinching and will scratch the poles. You will be asked to remove jewelry items before being allowed to take class.
18. Do you do private group parties? Yes. Private group parties are offered at my home studio location on a limited basis. If you would like to come to my home studio, there is a fee of $35 per person for a one hour lesson for up to 6 people maximum for pole or 3 people maximum for aerial fit or sensual chair. There is a minimum of 3 people. NO FOOD OR ALCOHOL ALLOWED. If the pole lesson is delayed from the original start time agreed upon, there is an additional fee of $5 per person for up to 30 minutes the instructor has to wait to start the lesson or $10 per hour the instructor has to wait. Please make sure your guests arrive on time. (Gratuity is greatly appreciated for services rendered and set up and usage of poles).
***PLEASE NOTE: WE NO LONGER DO HOME PARTIES WHERE WE COME TO YOUR LOCATION
***Due to the safety of your group and the instructor, please do not consume alcohol before the lesson. If any of your guests are intoxicated, the instructor has the right to refuse them to participate in the lesson, and if the group is uncontrollable the instructor has the right to refuse to do the lesson upon arrival. You will be required to pay the balance for the party at that time.
19. Do you offer Private or Semi-Private Lessons? Private pole dance lessons are available on a very limited basis. A private lesson for one person is 1 hour for $75, package of 2 sessions for $125 or a package of 4 sessions for $225. Semi-Private lessons for( 2 people max) are 1 hour for $80, package of 2 sessions for $150, or package of 4 sessions for $250. Private lessons progress at your own level. You will build upon your skills and learn more advanced moves as you go. You decide what you would like to work on.
20. What if I need to cancel from attending a 4 week Beginner Pole Fundamentals Classes, Continuing Pole Fitness, Intermediate Classes, Advanced Classes Continuing, Aerial Fit, One Day Classes, or Private Group Lesson? For 4 week Beginner Pole Fundamentals - NO REFUNDS will be granted after the start date of the session you registered for. You can use the class fee toward the next 4 week class if available. Sorry, ladies but there is no exceptions since your spot was being held for class. Continuing Class Cards, Intermediate Class Cards, Advanced Class Cards, Aerial Fit, and One Day Class Cards are non-refundable. You have one year from the issued date to use class card s or 1 month to attend a one day class.
For Private Group Lessons, once you place the deposit the date and time is set. NO REFUNDS will be issued for deposits. Please place deposit when you are ready and set to book the party. If you cancel the original appointment, you cannot reschedule another date for the party.
21. What if I miss an Aerial Fit or One Day Class that I signed up for online? If you are not able to attend an Aerial Fit or One Day class or workshop and you paid for it online prior to class, you MUST cancel at least 24 hours in advance or you will lose the class. If you cancel early, you can sign up for another one day class or workshop within 1 month. NO REFUNDS will be granted. Sorry, ladies but there is no exceptions since your spot was being held for class. It is your responsibility to reschedule for another one day class or workshop.
22. What if I need to cancel or can not make a Continuing, Intermediate, or Advanced class after making a reservation? If you are signed up or emailed that you are coming for a class, and can not attend. You MUST email or leave a phone message at least 12 hours prior to class start time. If you cancel less than 12 hours prior then you will be late cancelling and lose a class from your class card. If you late cancel more than 5 times you will no longer be eligible to take classes at Pole Velocity Dance and Fitness.
23. Where are the classes located? Classes will be held at 1912 W Winnemac Ave #1, Chicago, IL 60640 which is on the North side of Chicago. For more information on class locations contact firstname.lastname@example.org
24. Do you rent out studio space for individuals or special projects and events? No. We do not rent out studio space for any reason at the home studio.
25. Is this a big studio or is this studio based out of a home? This is not a big studio. It is based out of a private home for a more intimate environment. This is also to allow a small group setting with one instructor so that more attention and help can be given to each student. PLEASE NOTE: There are pets present at my Home Studio. If you are allergic to cats, please take proper medication before coming. Cats are very friendly and will be put in another room if you are uncomfortable.
26. Do you have manual poles or spin poles? The poles that we use are manual which means they do not spin on their own. We do not use spinning poles that spin on there own for class.
27. What is your contact information? Angela Reininga POLE VELOCITY Dance and Fitness 1912 W Winnemac Ave. #1, Chicago, IL 60640 Call: (773) 965-1063 Email: email@example.com
****PLEASE NOTE: We are NOT AVAILABLE during the day from Monday - Friday from 9am-6:30pm. THIS INCLUDES ALL PHONE CALLS. NO TEXT MESSAGES WILL BE ACCEPTED. Due to limited phone access during the day, please send an email with your questions for a much quicker response to: firstname.lastname@example.org
****PLEASE NOTE: There are pets present at my Home Studio. If you are allergic to cats, please take proper medication before coming. The cats are very friendly and will be put in another room if you are uncomfortable.